Rahul Dravid didn’t say anything wrong to Wriddhiman Saha, says former India cricketer Sarandeep Singh
Former North Zone selector and cricketer Sarandeep Singh has backed India men’s head coach Rahul Dravid‘s comments on Wriddhiman Saha.
Saha had earlier advised by Dravid to retire as he would not be considered for selection in the longest format.
“I don’t think Dravid said anything wrong, this is the time when Saha should think about himself he is 37 years old. He will not get selected for the last eleven so why does he wants to be selected in the team to just sit on the bench when we have a young wicketkeeper,” Sarandeep Singh told ANI.
“Pant is first priority of the team and he will play for a long time,” he added.
Saha refused to reveal the name of the journalist who threatened him. After being left out of India’s squad for the match against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
When Saha was dropped from Sri Lanka’s Test team on Saturday. He took to Twitter to tell how a “respected journalist” contacted him for an interview and how the comments quickly escalated into threats. The journalist’s name was not revealed by Saha.
1/3- I was hurt and offended. I thought not to tolerate such kind of behaviour and didn’t want anyone to go through these kind of bullying. I decided I will go out and expose the chat in public eye, but not his/her name
— Wriddhiman Saha (@Wriddhipops) February 22, 2022
On Saha not revealing the journalist, Sarandeep said:
“Saha should speak on to this clearly also take the name of the journalist. Only Saha can tell who he is protecting.”
The former cricketer also opened about Hardik Pandya not getting selected in the Indian team, as he said:
“There should be a protocol if you perform well in Ranji. Then only you can be selected for the international team.”